There are scam all over so be careful not to fall victim to scam. Below are a few of tips to keep you safe:
1. Meet the seller in person, check the item and make sure you are satisfied with it before you make a payment.Â
- 2. Exchange item and payment at the same time.Â Buyers don't make any payments before receiving an item and so sellers don't send an item before receiving payment.
- 3. Avoid anything that appears too good to be true, such as unrealistic low prices and anything that promises of quick money.
- 4. Do not give out your financial information such as bank,Â eBay/PayPal,Â mobile money and any other forms of payment system details.
- 5. When you apply for a job.Â Research the job and the employer before you apply. Donâ€™t give out personal information before meeting the employer in person. Avoid going to remote locations for an interview.
- 6. In the case of properties, demand for documents and follow it up with some investigation around property location